Erin it Out: Making March Madness round of 64 upset picks
If you’re picking your NCAA Tournament bracket busters based on school mascots, this won’t help you.
But if you need real advice for eyeing upsets in the tournament’s round of 64, look no further. Arizona Sports’ Erin Maloney breaks down March Madness’ first round with four upset picks:
There are two scary matchups in the South Region. Middle Tennessee is a 12th seed and ready to ruined office pools across the country squaring off with No. 5 Minnesota out of the Big Ten. And maybe it’s not an upset so much as a poor seeding by the selection committee — No. 10 Wichita State over No. 7 Dayton is a popular pick for good reason. The Shockers won 21 of their last 22, after all.
In the West Region, think hard about picking No. 11 Xavier over No. 6 Maryland, which has lost four of past six games.
Finally, out in the Midwest Region, a well-rounded No. 11 Rhode Island squad will prove a tough matchup against No. 6 Creighton, which struggled after injuries hit late in the year.
- ESPN: Ayton’s brief NCAA Tournament appearance showed red flags
- Michigan’s Moritz Wagner consoles Houston player after tough loss
- Arizona Sports Bracket Boss update: It’s not pretty
- ASU women’s basketball clashes with Texas with Sweet 16 on the line
- Xavier, Cincy, UNC and Michigan State upset in NCAA Tournament