76ers’ D-league affiliate to wear Power Rangers-inspired uniforms
One of the most beloved children’s television shows of the ’90s will now be represented on the hardwood, as the Philadelphia 76ers’ D-league affiliate, the Delaware 87ers, will wear jerseys inspired by Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Friday.
The design for the jersey is based off of the Pink Ranger and will be worn for the 87ers’ Nickelodeon Night.
Delaware players, including three-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion Nate Robinson, will don the jerseys against the Salt Lake City Stars, the Utah Jazz’s D-league team.
The game-worn jerseys will then be autographed by players and auctioned off to fans after the game.
A portion of all the proceeds generated will benefit March of Dimes, an organization that fights to prevent premature births.
The Pink Ranger will be in attendance as well to meet and greet fans.
The promotion also comes one week before the release of Dean Israelite’s blockbuster Power Rangers movie on March 24.
- Joel Embiid had fun at the Home Run Derby
- Report: Suns active as Jimmy Butler, Paul George hit trade block
- How the reported blockbuster Celtics-Sixers trade is linked to the Suns
- Former Suns Kempton, Majerle hope Suns can take Josh Jackson
- Will Josh Jackson fall to the Suns in the 2017 NBA Draft? A 76ers beat writer isn’t so sure