Is there ever a good time to receive a spud with a picture of you printed on it?
That’s a peculiar question, but it’s a question Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki might have asked himself when someone sent him a potato on Wednesday morning.
The world may never know the motivations of the potato mailer, but one can assume it’s a roundabout congratulations for Nowitzki topping 30,000 career points on March 7.
A potato might be an unconventional gift, but at least Nowitzki can turn it into a nice snack.
- NBA Draft Lottery positioning update: No recent wins for teams at bottom
- SI: Phoenix Suns have one of the brighter futures in the NBA
- Puzzle pieces have fit for Suns’ lineups without Devin Booker
- Suns bench continues impressive play, pushes team to win in Dallas
- Summer Suns have sluggish performance in loss to Mavericks