NFL.com is looking to name the best catch of the 2016 season, and in the spirit of the NCAA Tournament, created a bracket of 32.
Of the 32 catches, three were made by Arizona Cardinals. Wide receivers Larry Fitzgerald and J.J. Nelson, along with cornerback Patrick Peterson, are contenders.
Nelson is facing Falcons wideout Julio Jones in the first round of the Toe Drag Swag section, one of four regions that divide the bracket. Nelson’s came on Oct. 2 against the Rams, where he completed an over-the-head catch on a 3rd-and-7, dragging his feet to stay in bounds and gaining 24 yards in the process.
Fitzgerald is up against Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. in the Immaculate Reception region. Against the 49ers on Nov. 13, Fitzgerald found a hole in the defense and dove toward the sideline to finish the catch, gaining 18 yards.
Peterson’s submission comes from Week 3, where he pulled in a one-handed interception against the Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor, giving the Cardinals a chance to turn back from a 10-point deficit. He’s up against Packers receiver Randall Cobb in the first round.
The winners will be determined by fan vote. Round 2 voting will begin on March 22, with two more rounds until the final opens April 3.
- The 5: Cardinals position battles heading into training camp
- Chris Johnson is back, but what’s next for Cardinals’ GM Steve Keim?
- The 2017 Cardinals: Is Arizona better now than last season?
- Sorry, Larry: Marshawn Lynch has top-selling jersey in Arizona
- RB Chris Johnson re-signs for third season with Cardinals