Teen guitarist plays national anthem on guitar at New Jersey Devils game
Remember what you were doing on your 14th birthday?
Well, no matter what you were doing, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has you beat, because he got to play the national anthem at Thursday night’s New Jersey Devils game on his 14th birthday.
We’ve seen excellent guitar renditions of the national anthems, most notably from Jimi Hendrix and more recently from Slash and Metallica, but it appears like Niederauer’s version compares well to them.
Niederauer wasn’t going to be nervous in front of a large crowd, as he was a member of School of Rock – The Musical on Broadway.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Taz has been playing guitar for most of his life and has played with artists such as Slash, Gregg Allman, Buddy Guy, Stevie Nicks, Dweezil Zappa and Lady Gaga, among others.
- Vegas winning Stanley Cup would be more impressive than Miracle on Ice
- In Caps-Golden Knights Stanley Cup Final, one underdog will have its day
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet: ‘I don’t want to be watching playoff hockey again’
- In past 6 years, Coyotes have not benefited from NHL Draft Lottery
- Shane Doan jersey in auction to raise funds for Humboldt Broncos victims