Remember what you were doing on your 14th birthday?
Well, no matter what you were doing, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has you beat, because he got to play the national anthem at Thursday night’s New Jersey Devils game on his 14th birthday.
We’ve seen excellent guitar renditions of the national anthems, most notably from Jimi Hendrix and more recently from Slash and Metallica, but it appears like Niederauer’s version compares well to them.
Niederauer wasn’t going to be nervous in front of a large crowd, as he was a member of School of Rock – The Musical on Broadway.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Taz has been playing guitar for most of his life and has played with artists such as Slash, Gregg Allman, Buddy Guy, Stevie Nicks, Dweezil Zappa and Lady Gaga, among others.
- ‘Yotes Notes: Media gig proved valuable for Coyotes’ John MacLean
- New Coyotes coach Tocchet thrilled to return to ‘exciting hockey market’
- Arizona Coyotes sign forward Emerson Etem to one-year deal
- Coyotes’ extreme makeover continues with two more trades
- Chayka’s flurry of trades could accelerate Coyotes’ timeline