Teen guitarist plays national anthem on guitar at New Jersey Devils game
Remember what you were doing on your 14th birthday?
Well, no matter what you were doing, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has you beat, because he got to play the national anthem at Thursday night’s New Jersey Devils game on his 14th birthday.
We’ve seen excellent guitar renditions of the national anthems, most notably from Jimi Hendrix and more recently from Slash and Metallica, but it appears like Niederauer’s version compares well to them.
Niederauer wasn’t going to be nervous in front of a large crowd, as he was a member of School of Rock – The Musical on Broadway.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Taz has been playing guitar for most of his life and has played with artists such as Slash, Gregg Allman, Buddy Guy, Stevie Nicks, Dweezil Zappa and Lady Gaga, among others.
- Raanta’s first shutout as a Coyote leads team to 4th straight win
- Special teams play letting Coyotes down at home
- Arizona Coyotes hoping to establish success following All-Star break
- Western Conference shows center position still Coyotes’ biggest need
- Coyotes score four unanswered goals, defeat Minnesota in overtime