Remember what you were doing on your 14th birthday?
Well, no matter what you were doing, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has you beat, because he got to play the national anthem at Thursday night’s New Jersey Devils game on his 14th birthday.
We’ve seen excellent guitar renditions of the national anthems, most notably from Jimi Hendrix and more recently from Slash and Metallica, but it appears like Niederauer’s version compares well to them.
Niederauer wasn’t going to be nervous in front of a large crowd, as he was a member of School of Rock – The Musical on Broadway.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Taz has been playing guitar for most of his life and has played with artists such as Slash, Gregg Allman, Buddy Guy, Stevie Nicks, Dweezil Zappa and Lady Gaga, among others.
- For Coyotes equipment staff, work is a family affair
- Coyotes hang on for wild win over Devils
- Morgan: Coyotes need the right location to succeed — it’s not Glendale
- Coyotes partnering with USAA for Pat Tillman Military Appreciation Night
- What will Coyotes’ center position look like with Hanzal gone?