Reports: Arizona State center Jethro Tshisumpa to transfer
Arizona State freshman center Jethro Tshisumpa will leave the program, marking the second transfer by a member of the Sun Devils’ 2016 recruiting class, reports FanRag Sports’ Jon Rothstein and Scout’s Evan Daniels.
The 6-foot-10, 260-pound Tshisumpa was rated a 4-star prospect out of Mountain Mission School in Grundy, Va., and averaged 1.0 points, 1.0 blocks and 1.5 rebounds in seven minutes per game as a freshman. He appeared in every game through Feb. 4 but only played in two of the final nine games of the 2016-17 season.
Head coach Bobby Hurley has options to fill Tshisumpa’s void.
Four-star forwards Romello White (academics) and Vitaliy Shibel (ACL) will presumably be available next season after missing the entirety of their freshman seasons. Freshman Ramon Vila, who averaged 12.3 minutes per game as a freshman and shot 65 percent from the floor, also returns for the Sun Devils.
Additionally, Arizona State picked up a commitment from Iowa Western Community College center De’Quon Lake this week and have 4-star power forward Kenny Wooten committed in the 2017 recruiting class.
- Former ASU stars Plummer, Poole to make Heisman tour appearance
- ASU’s Hurley: Forward Romello White will have ‘breakout’ year
- Sun Devils’ season hanging by thread with No. 24 Oregon on deck
- Pac-12 Network to feature plenty of ASU, Arizona men’s basketball
- Fork Report: Arizona State’s comeback comes up short against Texas Tech