This year’s Waste Management Phoenix Open gets underway Thursday morning at the TPC Scottsdale.
Here are some highlights from the tee times which were released Tuesday morning.
• Three-time champion and local favorite Phil Mickelson will tee off at 7:57 a.m. Thursday morning on the 10th tee and at 12:07 p.m. Friday. Mickelson will be joined by 2010 champion Hunter Mahan and Rickie Fowler, who is one of the favorites in this year’s tournament.
• Tiger Woods, playing in Scottsdale for the first time since 2001, is paired with young American stars Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed. That threesome will tee off from the 1st hole at 12:07 p.m. Thursday and 7:57 a.m. Friday on the 10th tee.
• Kyle Stanley, the 2012 champ, tees off from the 10th hole Thursday at 11:58 a.m. and the 1st hole at 7:48 a.m. Friday. He’ll be paired with Venezuelan Jhonatthan Vegas and American Chris Stroud.
• J.B. Holmes, who won the Open in 2006 and 2008, starts his stay in the Valley Thursday afternoon at 12:07 p.m. on the 10th tee.
• The popular Bubba Watson tees off in the group right after Holmes, at 12:16 p.m. He’ll be paired with Billy Horschel and Hideki Matsuyama in the first two rounds.
• ASU golfer John Rahm grabbed a sponsor exemption for the WM Phoenix Open. He’ll be in the last group to tee off Thursday at 1:10 p.m from the 10th hole. He’ll be paired with Americans Daniel Berger and Scott Harrington — a threesome bound to be popular at the famed 16th hole.
Other former ASU golfers to participate (and their tee times): Chez Reavie (1st hole, 11:49 a.m.), Matt Jones (10th hole, 8:24 a.m), Pat Perez (10th hole, 8:42 a.m.).