The Arizona Wildcats will round out their non-conference schedule with a road game against the UTEP Miners on Friday, Sept. 15.
This match up was originally scheduled to be Saturday, Sept. 16, but it was announced Thursday the game had been rescheduled to Friday at 7:15 p.m. MST and will be televised on ESPN.
The UTEP game will be the Wildcats’ first road trip of the 2017 season and their final non-conference game after home tilts against Northern Arizona and the University of Houston.
Arizona was dismal last season with a 3-9 record, with the campaign including a 0-4 mark on the road with defeates coming by an average of 30.25 points. They also fell to BYU 18-16 in a neutral site battle at University of Phoenix Stadium to open the season.
This will be the first time these teams have played since 2003, when Arizona won 42-17 in Tucson. Overall, the Wildcats hold a 38-11-2 advantage in their all-time series against the Miners.
Arizona opens its Pac-12 play when it hosts the University of Utah on Friday, Sept. 22.
- ESPN: Unsure of confidence level in Cardinals’ Carson Palmer
- ESPN mocks up hydro-dipped Diamondbacks helmet
- ESPN’s Kiper: Cardinals QB Antonio Pipkin an undrafted free agent to watch
- ESPN writer: Cardinals are too low in post-draft power rankings
- McShay’s ‘way-too-early’ mock draft has Cardinals taking OT in 2018