Big man Andre Adams will reportedly transfer from ASU basketball, according Scout.com’s Chris Karpman, after having just finished his redshirt freshman season with the Sun Devils.
The news comes less than two weeks after reports surfaced that freshman center Jethro Tshisumpa would leave the program, as well. While Adams didn’t start a single game for ASU this season, it nonetheless takes a body off the bench for head coach Bobby Hurley.
“We appreciate Andre’s contributions on and off the court and wish him the best in his future,” Hurley said via SB Nation’s House of Sparky.
The 6-foot-9, 225-pound forward appeared in 14 games for ASU in 2016-17, totaling just 80 minutes on the year and scoring 19 points with 18 rebounds.
Though Adams and Tshisumpa are gone — and Hurley loses senior forward Obinna Oleka — next year’s roster will still have size. Freshman forward Vitaliy Shibel stands at 6-foot-9 and missed last season with a knee injury. Meanwhile, two 6-foot-8 freshman forwards from last year will return: Romello White and Ramon Vila.
- Sun Devil defensive back Armand Perry retires from football for medical reasons
- Arizona State wins eighth NCAA women’s golf championship
- QB Bryce Perkins to transfer from Arizona State University
- ASU’s Graham, Arizona’s Rodriguez drop in CBS coach rankings
- Reports: Kansas transfer Carlton Bragg Jr. chooses Arizona State