Cubs gold uniform that will be worn tonight, on sale in team store for $198 pic.twitter.com/xr6806lKnw— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 10, 2017
When you’ve waited 108 years for a championship, you’ve earned the right to celebrate.
The Chicago Cubs will be doing it in style in their home opener Monday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, as the team will don gold-trimmed uniforms.
The uniforms feature a gold border around the front logo, a World Series champion commemorative patch on the right arm and a gold number on the back. The team store has these uniforms on sale for $198.
That’s far from the only World Series-related equipment you can get in the Cubs’ team store, as there is a variety of different hats available, including one selling for just under $60.
The team store also features a Nike shirt for those hoping they won’t have to wait another 108 years for the next title.
Plenty of fans are looking forward to getting their hands on the memorabilia.
However, some aren’t willing to shell out the necessary dough.
There are many who are interested in being a part of the historic moment when the Cubs raise their championship banner, but getting into the game and celebration definitely won’t be cheap.
- Cubs pitcher John Lackey eats children — wait, what?
- ESPN Uni Watch ranks Suns’ current jerseys 9th all-time among NBA uniforms
- Brady, Rodgers, Ortiz some of many to get in on fun dressing up at Kentucky Derby
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs pull Shelby Miller, fall in series finale vs. Dodgers
- Beat LA: D-backs have longest winning streak against Dodgers in 4 years