Cubs to celebrate World Series with gold uniforms, commemorative gear
Cubs gold uniform that will be worn tonight, on sale in team store for $198 pic.twitter.com/xr6806lKnw— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 10, 2017
When you’ve waited 108 years for a championship, you’ve earned the right to celebrate.
The Chicago Cubs will be doing it in style in their home opener Monday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, as the team will don gold-trimmed uniforms.
The uniforms feature a gold border around the front logo, a World Series champion commemorative patch on the right arm and a gold number on the back. The team store has these uniforms on sale for $198.
That’s far from the only World Series-related equipment you can get in the Cubs’ team store, as there is a variety of different hats available, including one selling for just under $60.
The team store also features a Nike shirt for those hoping they won’t have to wait another 108 years for the next title.
Plenty of fans are looking forward to getting their hands on the memorabilia.
However, some aren’t willing to shell out the necessary dough.
There are many who are interested in being a part of the historic moment when the Cubs raise their championship banner, but getting into the game and celebration definitely won’t be cheap.
- NBA 2K reportedly leaks unreleased Suns black alternate jersey
- Inside the Dodgers’ recent skid and what it means for the D-backs
- D-backs complete sweep of Dodgers for franchise-record 13th straight win
- Streak over: D-backs tie for second-longest stretch without trailing
- D-backs outlast Dodgers, tie team record with 12th-straight win