Coyotes roast Timberwolves logo that looks a bit familiar
It feels like every new team logo or jersey reveal brings out the critics.
To be fair, creating a unique color scheme and a new design, and doing so when every other team’s mascot is a type of cat, dog or bird makes these things difficult.
Still, the Minnesota Timberwolves’ new logo revealed on Tuesday too easily looked like a mashup of the Seattle Sounders’ color palette and the Arizona Coyotes’ howling ‘Yote logo.
The T-Wolves introduced the new look with a new motto: “New era. New look.”
The Coyotes didn’t seem overly offended. Well, we don’t think so.
They took the logo drop with a sense of humor, tweeting at the T-Wolves on Wednesday with a little altered text: “New era. Same look.”
And as would be expected, the internet had some fun with the realization that both Wolves and Coyotes tend to howl with their heads held high.
- Coyotes’ 2018-19 schedule a little more travel friendly
- 2018 NHL Draft prediction tracker: Players to watch at No. 5 for Coyotes
- Coyotes GM John Chayka: Report about Phil Kessel is ‘inaccurate’
- Coyotes to open 2018-19 season at Stars, debut new jerseys vs. Ducks
- My so-called vacation: How the Coyotes were remade in one month