David Johnson has become one of the best running backs in the NFL for his ability to trot down the field, but he took his ability to another sport when the Harlem Globetrotters came to Phoenix.
On April 8th, Johnson got the chance to show off his basketball skills with the Globetrotters at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
Johnson got his own No. 31 jersey and played in some of the game with the Globetrotters. He also spent some of the game with his wife and newborn son.
His time with the Globetrotters gave Johnson a chance to reunite with a high school classmate, Devan “Beast” Douglas, whom Johnson played with at Clinton High School in Iowa.
- Wife, son of fallen Phoenix officer to join Cardinals’ Johnson in announcing draft pick
- The 5: Arizona Cardinals’ best draft steals
- Dealing Cards: Notes from players as they report for Phase I of offseason work
- Arizona Cardinals ‘get in that grind mode’ with start of offseason workouts
- Cardinals David Johnson picked ninth in 2015 re-draft