David Johnson has become one of the best running backs in the NFL for his ability to trot down the field, but he took his ability to another sport when the Harlem Globetrotters came to Phoenix.
On April 8th, Johnson got the chance to show off his basketball skills with the Globetrotters at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
Johnson got his own No. 31 jersey and played in some of the game with the Globetrotters. He also spent some of the game with his wife and newborn son.
His time with the Globetrotters gave Johnson a chance to reunite with a high school classmate, Devan “Beast” Douglas, whom Johnson played with at Clinton High School in Iowa.
- Johnson, Peterson land in top 20 of NFL Network’s Top 100 list
- NFL.com writer: David Johnson is Cardinals’ 2017 MVP hopeful
- NFL.com’s Schein: Mathieu, Johnson among league’s most indispensable players
- The 5: Questions at the conclusion of Arizona Cardinals mini-camp
- PFF: Cardinals’ Johnson and Peterson among top 50 players for 2017