The Arizona Cardinals made a pair of roster moves Tuesday, signing both defensive tackle Olsen Pierre and offensive lineman John Wetzel to one-year contracts.
Both players were exclusive rights free agents.
Wetzel played in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, making five starts at left tackle, two starts at right guard and one start at right tackle. Originally signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2013, the 6-foot-7, 328-pound lineman has also spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.
As for Pierre, the 6-foot-5, 293-pound defensive lineman spent the 2016 season on Arizona’s active roster, but was inactive for all 16 games. After entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from the University of Miami in 2013, he spent time with the Chicago Bears before landing in Arizona.
- Warner: If Cards want QB of future, they should take him in 1st round
- What if Daryl Washington actually returns to the Cardinals?
- ESPN’s Merril Hoge: Daryl Washington ‘will never be what he once was’
- Arizona Cardinals pick up fifth-year option on Deone Bucannon
- Clemson QB Deshaun Watson says Cardinals’ black unis are ‘nasty’