Arizona Cardinals sign Wetzel, Pierre to one-year contracts
The Arizona Cardinals made a pair of roster moves Tuesday, signing both defensive tackle Olsen Pierre and offensive lineman John Wetzel to one-year contracts.
Both players were exclusive rights free agents.
Wetzel played in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, making five starts at left tackle, two starts at right guard and one start at right tackle. Originally signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2013, the 6-foot-7, 328-pound lineman has also spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.
As for Pierre, the 6-foot-5, 293-pound defensive lineman spent the 2016 season on Arizona’s active roster, but was inactive for all 16 games. After entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from the University of Miami in 2013, he spent time with the Chicago Bears before landing in Arizona.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid
- Budda Baker going from understudy to a critical part of the defense
- Clayton: Fitzgerald signing is independent from Arians and Palmer
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’
- Week 11 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans