The Arizona Cardinals made a pair of roster moves Tuesday, signing both defensive tackle Olsen Pierre and offensive lineman John Wetzel to one-year contracts.
Both players were exclusive rights free agents.
Wetzel played in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, making five starts at left tackle, two starts at right guard and one start at right tackle. Originally signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2013, the 6-foot-7, 328-pound lineman has also spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.
As for Pierre, the 6-foot-5, 293-pound defensive lineman spent the 2016 season on Arizona’s active roster, but was inactive for all 16 games. After entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from the University of Miami in 2013, he spent time with the Chicago Bears before landing in Arizona.
- NFL.com panelist picks David Johnson to lead league in rushing in 2017
- Dealing Cards: Sky is the limit for improving Robert Nkemdiche
- Cardinals’ Chandler Jones will dance after NFL changes celebration rules
- Jermaine Gresham wants to augment Cardinals’ potent offense
- Cardinals sign second-round pick Budda Baker to four-year contract