The Arizona Cardinals made a pair of roster moves Tuesday, signing both defensive tackle Olsen Pierre and offensive lineman John Wetzel to one-year contracts.
Both players were exclusive rights free agents.
Wetzel played in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, making five starts at left tackle, two starts at right guard and one start at right tackle. Originally signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2013, the 6-foot-7, 328-pound lineman has also spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.
As for Pierre, the 6-foot-5, 293-pound defensive lineman spent the 2016 season on Arizona’s active roster, but was inactive for all 16 games. After entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from the University of Miami in 2013, he spent time with the Chicago Bears before landing in Arizona.
- Chris Johnson is back, but what’s next for Cardinals’ GM Steve Keim?
- The 2017 Cardinals: Is Arizona better now than last season?
- Sorry, Larry: Marshawn Lynch has top-selling jersey in Arizona
- RB Chris Johnson re-signs for third season with Cardinals
- Rucker: Nkemdiche ‘determined to prove a lot of people wrong’