Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski interrupts White House press briefing
A visit to the White House is one of the greatest honors bestowed upon today’s athletes.
Some take it a little more seriously than others, though.
When the New England Patriots visited the White House Wednesday to commemorate their epic 34-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, not everyone was on their best behavior.
In perhaps the most predictable occurrence of the afternoon, tight end Rob Gronkowski was up to his usual antics during the visit.
The man who’s spent the offseason body-slamming professional wrestlers and spiking footballs in an Easter bunny costume interrupted Sean Spicer’s press briefing to ask if the press secretary needed any help.
Here’s another angle:
Spicer was certainly not alone in thinking the incident was “cool.”
I guess we can now add press secretary to the boisterous former Arizona Wildcats’ already lengthy list of potential post-retirement career opportunities.
And – although Gronk would most likely not be the most professional press secretary in history – there’s little doubt he would be the most entertaining.
- Doug & Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 11
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 11: Top teams stay put
- Watch the Chargers’ Travis Benjamin do everything wrong on a punt return
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 8: Eagles No. 1, Patriots creep up
- Cardinals trying to maintain place in NFC West pecking order