Cubs, Kris Bryant interact on Twitter with young fans
For Kolt Kyler, a 9-year-old Chicago Cubs fan, the last couple of days probably couldn’t have gone better thanks to his father and social media.
Kyler and his family live in Pierceton, Indiana, about 134 miles from Wrigley Field. He had never seen his favorite team in person until last weekend. That’s when his father surprised him with a pair of tickets as a reward for working hard in school and on the farm.
Hannah Himes, his sister, tweeted the video of the surprise.
As a result of tagging the Cubs, the fun continued for Kyler. The post caught the team’s attention, and in communicating with Himes, had Kyler and his brother imitate Cubs stars Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo.
Bryant also joined in, referencing the original video in a shoutout to Kyler.
On top of the Cubs being the defending World Series champions for the first time in Kyler’s life, this experience probably made Kyler love the team even more, if that’s even possible.
- Sedona Red Recap: Bullpen falters as D-backs drop series to Cubs
- Sedona Red Recap: Peralta hits inside-the-parker in D-backs’ win over Cubs
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs fall as Cubs bats strike early and often
- With three homers, Goldschmidt helps D-backs win series over Cubs
- D-backs’ Paul Goldschmidt smashes three homers in wild win over Cubs