Report: Cardinals to host New York Giants on Christmas Eve
Last season, the Arizona Cardinals spent Dec. 24 in Seattle taking on the Seahawks.
The Cardinals won that game, and in the process created a nice Christmas memory.
In 2017, it looks like they’ll get a chance to make winning on Christmas eve a new tradition, as reports are saying they will host the New York Giants this Dec. 24.
The Cardinals will be facing the Giants for the first time since 2014, when they played each other at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, and will be hosting them for the first time since 2011.
While no one will know for sure what kind of game this year’s matchup will be, it does at least for now shape up as a pivotal NFC battle between a Giants team that earned a Wild Card bid in 2016 and the Cardinals, who missed the playoffs in 2016 after reaching the NFC Championship Game the prior season.
Historically, the Cardinals are just 43-81-2 against the Giants, with many of their games occurring when each team held residence in the NFC East. But since 2002, when the Cardinals moved to the NFC West, the Cardinals have a 4-3 edge in the series.
- ESPN: College performances show Cards’ Josh Rosen’s ceiling, floor
- Cardinals’ Josh Rosen, NFL rookies try to draw team logos
- ‘The closer’: Gov. Ducey credited with sealing Arizona Super Bowl bid
- Bruce Arians believes Cardinals QB Josh Rosen has chance to start
- Cardinals RB D.J. Foster: Josh Rosen will be ‘exciting for the future, or now’