Albuquerque Isotopes show off ‘Green Chile Cheeseburger’ jerseys
While food fights may be common in schools on American television, the minor leagues may be the only place to find food batting on the baseball diamond.
The Albuquerque Isotopes, the Triple-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, released their uniforms for their June 16 game against the Fresno Grizzlies, who at times go by the name Fresno Tacos. Instead of being the Isotopes, they’ll go by the name “Green Chile Cheeseburgers.”
With several colors that look weird when placed together, the uniforms look a bit like the create-a-team function in sports video games. Albuquerque is sticking to it though, with not only team apparel but other merchandise on sale as well.
Fans seemed to be eating it up, no pun intended.
The Fresno Grizzlies will play every Tuesday home game as the Tacos, in reference to Taco Tuesday. Even though June 16 is a Friday, the Isotopes are looking to beat Fresno at its own game.
- Fresno Grizzlies are ‘Coming to America’ in June home game
- ESPN: D-backs’ farm still shallow but gaining respect heading into 2017 MLB Draft
- Fresno Grizzlies release 2017 taco uniforms, acquire the taco emoji
- Diamondbacks call up Kyle Jensen from Triple-A Reno
- Fresno Grizzlies take ‘Taco Tuesday’ to the next level