John Wall goes behind back, throws down ferocious dunk against Hawks
Sometimes the most impressive individual performances come despite a struggling team.
Washington Wizards point guard John Wall proved that Saturday, when he threw down a vicious dunk against the Atlanta Hawks with his team trailing 38-12 in the first quarter.
Following an Atlanta three, Wall sprinted down the floor, swung the ball around his back and dunked over Hawks small forward Kent Bazemore.
One of the most explosive players in the NBA, Wall has made a living out of highlight plays, but this one certainly stood out.
Even Phoenix Suns head coach Earl Watson took notice.
However, the basket still only counted for two points and the Wizards trailed Atlanta by 23 after the slam.
The former No. 1 pick scored 31 points for the Wizards as they fell to the Hawks, 116-98.
- Suns rookie Deandre Ayton receives first career ejection
- Trivia Tuesday: Top-scoring NBA rookie big men since 1990
- After 4th title, Shadow Mountain’s Jovan Blacksher ready for GCU
- Devin Booker brings optimism into Suns’ second half
- ‘Everything’s fine up there’: Mannion stays confident in UA commitment