Watch a baseball man somersault over another baseball man
"I told you I wasn't gonna slide." – Chris Coghlan. pic.twitter.com/DQIG1qAYm2
— MLB (@MLB) April 26, 2017
Getting it done by necessity and absolute grace, Toronto Blue Jays athlete Chris Coghlan rounded second, rounded third and then touched down on home plate after a flight over Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina.
The somersault score apparently scared the heck out of Molina, who appeared to go into a protective position not realizing Coghlan was going over and not through him. And yes, there were jokes made about Coghlan avoiding Molina’s very sticky chest protector that a few games back caught a fastball.
Coghlan’s super neato play will probably nudge Padres center fielder Manuel Margot’s ridiculous catch of Yasmany Tomas’ liner on Tuesday’s SportsCenter top-10.
And, of course, it reminded of one infamous scene from “Major League II.”
So who did it better?
- D-backs’ Torey Lovullo, Cardinals’ Yadier Molina suspended one game
- Benches clear, Peralta and Pollock lead D-backs to win in St. Louis
- D-backs’ Lovullo: Poor word choice angered Yadier Molina
- D-backs’ Lovullo ejected, argument with umpire sparks benches clearing
- Zack Greinke pitches to C-3PO in All-Star Game