Cardinals defensive stars like NFL Draft pick of LB Haason Reddick
Very popular pick at draft in Philly pic.twitter.com/byfQaQd3c7
— Mark Dalton (@CardsMarkD) April 28, 2017
Haason Reddick received a boisterous welcome upon the Arizona Cardinals taking him 13th overall in the NFL Draft on Thursday.
The Temple linebacker was in Philly, after all.
But the favorable applause was also heard in Arizona, where Reddick’s new teammates expressed their excitement. If they’d read the mock drafts and heard the Cardinals express how they needed a quarterback of the future, they’d probably not expect Arizona to draft for defense.
Yet, three quarterbacks went before Arizona picked and, after all, the Cardinals lost key veterans Tony Jefferson and Calais Campbell in free agency.
Patrick Peterson certainly seemed excited.
Chandler Jones, Antoine Bethea, Tyrann Mathieu and Markus Golden also welcomed their new teammate.
Of course, offensive players welcomed Reddick to the team as well.
Jefferson, now with the Baltimore Ravens, apparently liked the pick as well. He wished aloud on Twitter that Arizona would pass on the linebacker in order for Reddick to fall to Baltimore.
- Mel Kiper’s second mock has Cardinals drafting wide receiver
- Former Cardinals assistant Brentson Buckner hooks on with Buccaneers
- SI’s King could see free agent QB A.J. McCarron landing with Cardinals
- Al Roker missed Larry Fitzgerald’s non-retirement news
- Cardinals’ 2017 rookie class deemed ‘underwhelming’ by one NFL expert