Cancer survivor and Ravens fan gets to draft Marlon Humphrey
Awesome. Make-A-Wish's TJ Onwuanibe announces the Ravens first round pick with a fist pump. pic.twitter.com/UACmoRohCQ
— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) April 28, 2017
Fourteen-year-old T.J. Onwuanibe got his wish.
No, it wasn’t to put on pads and play with an NFL football team. It was to announce a draft pick, as if he were NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
The cancer survivor and Baltimore Ravens fan was allowed to take Goodell’s gig for a pick in the first round to announce his team’s selection of Alabama defensive back Marlon Humphrey at 16th overall.
Safe to say, the Philadelphia crowd gave Onwuanibe a lot more love than they did Goodell.
Maybe the best part of the presentation, which was set up by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, was Onwuanibe pausing before offering Humphrey’s name and pumping his fist with excitement.
- D-backs answer Lemon Face Challenge, pass to Larry Fitzgerald
- John Brown denies sickle cell trait as cause of injuries, blames cyst
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign linebacker Josh Bynes
- Reports: Cardinals want interviews with Patriots’ Flores, Eagles’ DeFilippo
- Arizona guard Rawle Alkins plans to return vs. Alabama