Watch the Cardinals draft room make the call to Haason Reddick
— #CardsDraft (@AZCardinals) April 28, 2017
A select few in this world get to witness an NFL Draft war room, but the Arizona Cardinals peeled back the covers for just a few minutes Thursday.
They captured the moment that they knew who’d become their first-round pick — and they recorded the phone call to Temple linebacker Haason Reddick, informing him he’d be joining the Cardinals.
Arizona general manager Steve Keim was first to dial up Reddick.
“Haason, it’s Steve Keim with the Cardinals. How we doing?” he asked. “You ready to go back to that steakhouse? You’re buying this time.”
He, president Michael Bidwill and head coach Bruce Arians all offered their own encouraging words for Reddick and then watched the pick become official.
- Cardinals star David Johnson named one of NFL’s most misused players
- Cardinals OC swap to Leftwich comes with Rosen, Johnson in mind
- Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen not expected to miss time with toe injury
- What to know about new Cardinals offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich
- Starks: New Cards OC Byron Leftwich can bring concepts from past coaches