Watch the Cardinals draft room make the call to Haason Reddick
— #CardsDraft (@AZCardinals) April 28, 2017
A select few in this world get to witness an NFL Draft war room, but the Arizona Cardinals peeled back the covers for just a few minutes Thursday.
They captured the moment that they knew who’d become their first-round pick — and they recorded the phone call to Temple linebacker Haason Reddick, informing him he’d be joining the Cardinals.
Arizona general manager Steve Keim was first to dial up Reddick.
“Haason, it’s Steve Keim with the Cardinals. How we doing?” he asked. “You ready to go back to that steakhouse? You’re buying this time.”
He, president Michael Bidwill and head coach Bruce Arians all offered their own encouraging words for Reddick and then watched the pick become official.
- Cardinals’ Robert Nkemdiche has a ‘clean slate’ with new coaching staff
- Mel Kiper’s second mock has Cardinals drafting wide receiver
- Former Cardinals assistant Brentson Buckner hooks on with Buccaneers
- SI’s King could see free agent QB A.J. McCarron landing with Cardinals
- Al Roker missed Larry Fitzgerald’s non-retirement news