Arizona Cardinals trade back in third round of NFL Draft
The Arizona Cardinals have had tremendous success picking in the third round in the past few years, but their latest selection in the round was pushed back from 77 to No. 98 overall.
The trade helps Arizona catch up on some of the picks they gave up in order to move up in the second round and select Washington safety Budda Baker. In that trade, the Cardinals gave up their own second-round selection, a fourth and a sixth-round pick as well as a fourth-round pick in 2018 to select Baker at No. 36 overall.
On Thursday, the team selected linebacker Haason Reddick with the 13th overall pick.
- SI: Once injuries start hitting the Cardinals, ‘this team will crumble’
- Wilks: Cardinals QB Mike Glennon dealing with forearm injury
- The 5: Key observations from Arizona Cardinals’ win over Saints
- Rookie QB Josh Rosen sharp in second preseason game for Cardinals
- Cardinals DL Nkemdiche leaves game vs. Saints with foot injury, didn’t return