Go inside the Arizona Cardinals war room when they traded up for Budda Baker
It’s hard to believe there was anyone more excited within the Arizona Cardinals organization than general manager Steve Keim when they selected Washington safety Budda Baker.
In a video tweeted by the franchise, Keim is shown on the phone with Baker as the Cardinals wait for their trade to be official.
“I know you can help us and I am fired up,” Keim said to Baker in the video.
As Keim calmly speaks to Baker and hands him off to head coach Bruce Arians, he goes around the rest of the war room’s table for fist bumps with a ton of enthusiasm.
Arians talks up Arizona’s secondary before handing him off to team president Michael Bidwill.
“We got the most dynamic secondary in the league right now,” Arians said to Baker in the video. “Everything you do tied to us, man. We can just flip-flop you two dudes all over the field and got some veteran dudes here to help you along the way.”
As Bidwill speaks to Baker, Keim and Arians exchange a high-five as Arians says, “that’s a big one.'”
On Thursday, the team also released footage of the team calling first-round selection Haason Reddick.
- Cardinals HC Wilks was ‘fascinated’ by Budda Baker in pre-draft workout
- Cards camp notebook: Arizona looking to build solid core ‘brick by brick’
- Pro Football Focus: Cardinals secondary among the league’s worst
- Cardinals’ Budda Baker is not too pleased with his Madden Rating
- Popular Crowd: Arizona Sports staff ranks favorite Valley athletes