Cubs pitcher John Lackey eats children — wait, what?
Look, we are not going to pretend to have watched every single one of John Lackey’s starts this season, but at the same time, we find it very unlikely that this statistic shown on the screen during his recent outing against the Cincinnati Reds is accurate.
It’s the kind of thing that we think would be noticed and, likely, dealt with by the police. At least, we think.
We are not entirely sure of how many children Lackey ate Tuesday, when he allowed three runs on seven hits in 5.1 innings of a win, but no matter the number, it is probably too many.
- No sweep: Corbin suffers worst loss of season, D-backs fall to Reds
- Godley bounces back, D-backs make it two wins in a row at home
- D-backs return home, rediscover their offense in win over Cincinnati
- Diamondbacks score double-digit runs for first time this season
- Defensive miscues help D-backs score most runs in one inning since April 26