A result of bad luck? The odds weren’t as favorable as many might believe.
Earning the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft might’ve been expected for die-hard Phoenix Suns fans who know the team’s history of never winning the lottery (to be fair, many of those years they weren’t in consideration as a playoff team).
The odds were that the Suns could very likely fall to fourth, and past lotteries have seen many teams with the second-best odds do the same. And as the top-3 went Tuesday night — the Celtics (via trade), Lakers and Sixers will pick first through third — big media markets earning those picks certainly could be viewed as a conspiracy.
No matter what you believe, Suns fans can all agree that they can’t have nice things as a result of the draft lottery.
- Suns NBA Draft notebook: Hart, Motley and Kuzma intriguing in deep second round
- Offensive thought: Lauri Markkanen, Malik Monk could be NBA Draft sleepers for Suns
- Arizona Sports’ 2017 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Will Josh Jackson fall to the Suns in the 2017 NBA Draft? A 76ers beat writer isn’t so sure
- Eric Bledsoe among the NBA’s most wanted summer trade targets