Arizona Sports Insider Pass: Bad luck for the Suns, or is the NBA Draft Lottery rigged?
A result of bad luck? The odds weren’t as favorable as many might believe.
Earning the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft might’ve been expected for die-hard Phoenix Suns fans who know the team’s history of never winning the lottery (to be fair, many of those years they weren’t in consideration as a playoff team).
The odds were that the Suns could very likely fall to fourth, and past lotteries have seen many teams with the second-best odds do the same. And as the top-3 went Tuesday night — the Celtics (via trade), Lakers and Sixers will pick first through third — big media markets earning those picks certainly could be viewed as a conspiracy.
No matter what you believe, Suns fans can all agree that they can’t have nice things as a result of the draft lottery.
- Gentry: Suns coaching candidate Igor Kokoskov would be ‘great choice’
- Report: Former Suns candidate Budenholzer to interview with Knicks
- A list of potential Suns head coaching candidates
- Report: Hawks’ Budenholzer withdraws from Suns’ coaching search
- NY Times’ Stein: Hurdles remain if Suns want to hire Mike Budenholzer