Big Baller Brand accused of plagiarism by Argentine company
The Ball family has been at the center of attention and controversy in recent months, but it appears the reach of that controversy has now extended down to South America.
Lonzo Ball, the highly-touted NBA prospect projected to be selected near the top of this year’s draft, is often seen sporting clothes from Big Baller Brand, the shoe and apparel company founded by Lonzo, his dad LaVar and brothers LaMelo and LiAngelo.
But “Baller Brand,” an entirely separate enterprise based in Argentina, posted a grievance on Instagram regarding the similarity of the two names:
LaVar has been called a lot of things already. Add “thief” to the list.
Do you think the Ball family ripped off the Baller Brand? Or is it just a coincidence?
- Suns Strokes: Suns lack balance offensively in loss to Lakers
- Lonzo Ball, Lakers carve up Suns as defense again flops
- Suns Strokes: Suns come up short against Lakers in high-scoring thriller
- LaVar Ball lends a helping hand, buys new truck for repairman
- LaVar Ball dancing to ‘Billy Jean’ might be his most big baller move yet