Blind Cubs fan gets help from Good Samaritan
Flagging down a taxi cab can be a hard thing to do for any of us. Imagine trying to do that without being able to see?
One blind Cubs fan was trying to do exactly that earlier this week, and wasn’t having much luck. Fortunately, a Good Samaritan was nearby.
Casey Spelman, 26, was visiting Wrigleyville, and after the Cardinals-Cubs game on Saturday, she witnessed the blind fan struggling to get a ride.
So, she assisted the Cubs fan in successfully getting a taxi to pick him up, waiting with him the whole time.
Another man with no connections to the two saw what was happening from a rooftop bar and decided to snap some photos, hoping to give a shout-out to the woman later.
We’re pretty sure that Spelman would have helped out the blind Cubs fan even if she was a lover of the Cardinals … maybe.
- The Consensus Week 14: Cardinals jump after upset win at Lambeau
- Humphries, Williams and Bucannon out for Cardinals against Green Bay
- SI’s NBA jersey ranking: Where does Phoenix’s sunburst uniform land?
- Cardinals’ Coleman shares unique journey with deaf students
- The Consensus Week 13: How did the Cardinals move up?