NFL player gets cut hours before throwing out first pitch at MLB game
Usually throwing out the first pitch at a Major League Baseball game is a celebration.
For one NFL player, it served more like an audition.
Tyvis Powell, a defensive back for the Cleveland Browns, was getting the honor of throwing out the first pitch at the Cleveland Indians game on Friday.
Unfortunately for him, he was cut from the team just hours before.
According to ESPN, the Browns were not aware Powell was scheduled to throw out the first pitch until after they made the move.
With a heater like this, maybe the Indians will take a shot at him?
- Running back Peterson makes instant impact with Cardinals
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance against NFL, alleging collusion
- ‘We gave everything’: Dodgers end Diamondbacks’ surprise season
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals get Adrian Peterson from Saints
- Going for broke: Many pro athletes still struggling with finances