NFL player gets cut hours before throwing out first pitch at MLB game
Usually throwing out the first pitch at a Major League Baseball game is a celebration.
For one NFL player, it served more like an audition.
Tyvis Powell, a defensive back for the Cleveland Browns, was getting the honor of throwing out the first pitch at the Cleveland Indians game on Friday.
Unfortunately for him, he was cut from the team just hours before.
According to ESPN, the Browns were not aware Powell was scheduled to throw out the first pitch until after they made the move.
With a heater like this, maybe the Indians will take a shot at him?
- Bills make the most of snowy conditions, dance during warm-ups
- Ray Anderson details Herm Edwards’ role in ASU’s new model
- Ray Anderson: ASU’s ‘NFL’ model came before coaching search started
- Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald, others to wear special patch for rest of career
- Dealing Cards: Arians looking for consistency from his WRs