D-backs reinstate Greinke, Brito, designate Wilhelmsen for assignment
The Arizona Diamondbacks made three roster moves prior to Sunday’s first pitch against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The team reinstated starter Zack Greinke from the paternity leave list, outfielder Socrates Brito from the 60-day disabled list and designated reliever Tom Wilhelmsen for assignment.
Greinke is 8-3 in 2017 with a 3.20 ERA in 13 starts.
Brito, 24, was optioned to Triple-A Reno. He was seen as a valuable piece of the D-backs roster with the team looking to give some time off for A.J. Pollock this season, but Brito underwent surgery on an open dislocation of his ring finger in early March.
In Brito’s absence, Gregor Blanco and Reymond Fuentes have been filling in for starting outfielders Yasmany Tomas, Pollock and David Peralta as well as infielders Chris Owings, Daniel Descalso and Chris Herrmann.
In 16 rehab games with the Aces, Brito hit .33 with three doubles, three triples and six RBI.
Wilhelmsen was 1-1 with a 4.44 ERA in 26.1 innings out of the bullpen.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- D-backs Farm Report: Jackson moves into first place, Medrano stays hot
- D-backs down to two catchers with Jeff Mathis on paternity leave
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Reno’s Taylor Clarke continues his roll
- De La Rosa to DL with Achilles injury, Barrett recalled from Reno