Trivia Tuesday: D-backs pitchers with 10 or more strikeouts in a game
You remember the old commercial with former Braves pitchers Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux that proclaimed “chicks dig the long ball?”
It’s true, everybody loves the home run. But if there’s a pitching equivalent to the round-tripper, it’s the strikeout. Even though fictional baseball sage Crash Davis once said they’re “boring” and “fascist”, strikeouts continue to be a glamour stat for pitchers well into the age of analytics.
Since the team’s inception in 1998, 25 different Arizona Diamondbacks pitchers have recorded 10 or more strikeouts in a game.
That’s your Trivia Tuesday test this week — name them all.
We’ve provided you with the number of 10+ strikeout games each pitcher had and they years they donned an Arizona uniform, you just have to remember them.
You’ve got eight minutes on the clock … good luck!
- Gomez: D-backs’ financial mishaps made Goldschmidt trade inevitable
- Washington Nationals introduce Patrick Corbin, make signing official
- Paul Goldschmidt is classic Goldy as he’s introduced by Cardinals
- New D-backs pitcher Luke Weaver expects better season in 2019
- Lovullo: D-backs will mull Lamb at 1st after Goldschmidt trade