Trivia Tuesday: D-backs pitchers with 10 or more strikeouts in a game
You remember the old commercial with former Braves pitchers Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux that proclaimed “chicks dig the long ball?”
It’s true, everybody loves the home run. But if there’s a pitching equivalent to the round-tripper, it’s the strikeout. Even though fictional baseball sage Crash Davis once said they’re “boring” and “fascist”, strikeouts continue to be a glamour stat for pitchers well into the age of analytics.
Since the team’s inception in 1998, 25 different Arizona Diamondbacks pitchers have recorded 10 or more strikeouts in a game.
That’s your Trivia Tuesday test this week — name them all.
We’ve provided you with the number of 10+ strikeout games each pitcher had and they years they donned an Arizona uniform, you just have to remember them.
You’ve got eight minutes on the clock … good luck!
- Diamondbacks players pile into pen, attempt to outweigh PBR bucking bull
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder