Trivia Tuesday: D-backs pitchers with 10 or more strikeouts in a game
You remember the old commercial with former Braves pitchers Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux that proclaimed “chicks dig the long ball?”
It’s true, everybody loves the home run. But if there’s a pitching equivalent to the round-tripper, it’s the strikeout. Even though fictional baseball sage Crash Davis once said they’re “boring” and “fascist”, strikeouts continue to be a glamour stat for pitchers well into the age of analytics.
Since the team’s inception in 1998, 25 different Arizona Diamondbacks pitchers have recorded 10 or more strikeouts in a game.
That’s your Trivia Tuesday test this week — name them all.
We’ve provided you with the number of 10+ strikeout games each pitcher had and they years they donned an Arizona uniform, you just have to remember them.
You’ve got eight minutes on the clock … good luck!
- Marte’s single in 13th lifts Diamondbacks over Pirates
- Diamondbacks agree to terms with five additional draft picks
- Alex Avila hits home run in Diamondbacks’ win over Pirates
- Sports Illustrated: Ketel Marte’s great month of June at the plate
- He’s back: Shelby Miller will make season debut for D-backs on Monday