Report: Suns met with Jonathan Isaac on Monday, to work out Zach Collins
The Suns attended workouts with small forwards Jonathan Isaac and Jayson Tatum over the past week, and the team again met with Isaac in Phoenix on Monday, reports John Gambadoro of 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station.
Additionally, Gambadoro reports that Phoenix will work out Gonzaga center Zach Collins on Tuesday.
Florida State’s Isaac and Duke’s Tatum each worked out in front of the Suns out of town over the past week.
Isaac, who entered the draft after his freshman year, posted a picture from the Suns’ practice floor on his SnapChat account Monday. The 6-foot-11, 210-pound forward has defensive versatility and averaged 12 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks and 1.2 steals for the Seminoles last season.
Tatum is perhaps the most ready-to-go scorer in the NBA Draft. He averaged 16.8 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and 1.3 steals per game during his freshman season with the Blue Devils.
Both Isaac and Tatum are projected as top-seven picks and could be available to the Suns, who pick fourth overall.
Collins could be on the draft board later.
The 7-footer averaged 10 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game in a limited role for the Bulldogs.
- Four potential NBA draft-day trades for the Suns
- Florida State forward Jonathan Isaac could be Suns' best option at No. 4
- An NBA Draft steal for the Suns? ESPN model points to FSU's Jonathan Isaac
- Duke assistant Jon Scheyer makes the case for Jayson Tatum on the Suns
- Five reasons why the Suns might pass on Duke SF Jayson Tatum at No. 4