Camille Jones, mother of Cardinals LB Chandler Jones, passes away
Some sad news reached the Arizona Cardinals family as Wednesday Camille Jones, the mother of linebacker Chandler Jones, passed away due to diabetes.
She was 55 years old.
Chandler Jones is not the only high-profile athlete Camille helped to raise, as Arthur has played for both the Baltimore Ravens and Indianapolis Colts and another brother, Jon “Bones” Jones, is an MMA standout.
The Cardinals acquired Jones in a trade with the New England Patriots in March 2016, and he went on to post 11 sacks along with four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in his first year with the Cardinals.
This past offseason the team signed the 27-year-old to a five-year contract that has $51 million in guarantees and could be worth up to $82.5 million.
A veteran of five NFL seasons, the former 21st overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Syracuse has amassed 47 sacks and 14 forced fumbles.
- PFF: Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald makes 2018 NFL All-Veteran Team
- Peterson, Johnson, among 4 Cardinals players ranked in ESPN’s Top 100
- Cardinals notebook: Outdoor practice and Chandler Jones’ sled destruction
- Humphries’ hot takes: Going 1-on-1 vs. Jones, rookies know their snacks
- Cardinals camp notebook: Physicality makes for strong first day in pads