Golfing D-backs take chip shots into Chase Field pool
— FOX Sports Arizona (@FOXSPORTSAZ) June 14, 2017
Imagine having Chase Field to yourself, to do whatever you want.
Such is the luxury for the Arizona Diamondbacks, and when FOX Sports Arizona decided to set up a chip shot competition, the team’s rowdy group of relief pitchers (plus Jeremy Hazelbaker) got the chance to hit golf balls into the home stadium’s pool.
Archie Bradley, T.J. McFarland, Andrew Chafin and Hazelbaker showed off their touch hitting off a fake turf setup from the upper deck of Chase Field.
McFarland showed the best with a shot directly in the pool and the backspin — or was it just the right bounce? — to get the ball in the water despite slightly overshooting his target on one attempt.
What’s the lesson here?
Life is good when your workplace is an MLB ballpark.
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good