Arizona Coyotes to play preseason game in Tucson
The Arizona Coyotes have an American Hockey League affiliate in Tucson, and this fall the NHL team will play a preseason game in the Old Pueblo.
The Coyotes announced Wednesday that they’ll host the Anaheim Ducks at Tucson Arena on Sept. 25 in a game that will get underway at 7:00 p.m.
“We’re excited to play an NHL preseason game at Tucson Arena,” Coyotes GM Jon Chayka said in a press release. “We were thrilled with the tremendous support the Roadrunners received last season and our players are looking forward to playing in this game in front of all of our great fans in Tucson.”
The Tucson Roadrunners debuted as the Coyotes’ top affiliate in 2016-17 and finished 17-14-3-0 during their 34-game home schedule. The Roadrunners averaged 4,054 fans per contest, which ranked 26th out of 30 AHL teams.
For ticket information regarding the Coyotes preseason game in Tucson, please contact the Roadrunners ticket office by calling 1-866-77-HOCKEY (774-6253) or visit TucsonRoadrunners.com. For Coyotes ticket information, please visit ArizonaCoyotes.com or call 480-563-PUCK (7825).
- For Coyotes Night, Ekman-Larsson had reasons to be nervous for first pitch
- Coyotes’ Alex Galchenyuk suffers lower-body injury, will be re-evaluated
- Gov. Doug Ducey talks Bradford-Rosen debate, stadiums and Arizona sports
- Derek Stepan, Coyotes eager to take next step after successful second half
- Chayka hoping to give Coyotes fans ‘a year that they deserve’