Arizona Coyotes to play preseason game in Tucson
The Arizona Coyotes have an American Hockey League affiliate in Tucson, and this fall the NHL team will play a preseason game in the Old Pueblo.
The Coyotes announced Wednesday that they’ll host the Anaheim Ducks at Tucson Arena on Sept. 25 in a game that will get underway at 7:00 p.m.
“We’re excited to play an NHL preseason game at Tucson Arena,” Coyotes GM Jon Chayka said in a press release. “We were thrilled with the tremendous support the Roadrunners received last season and our players are looking forward to playing in this game in front of all of our great fans in Tucson.”
The Tucson Roadrunners debuted as the Coyotes’ top affiliate in 2016-17 and finished 17-14-3-0 during their 34-game home schedule. The Roadrunners averaged 4,054 fans per contest, which ranked 26th out of 30 AHL teams.
For ticket information regarding the Coyotes preseason game in Tucson, please contact the Roadrunners ticket office by calling 1-866-77-HOCKEY (774-6253) or visit TucsonRoadrunners.com. For Coyotes ticket information, please visit ArizonaCoyotes.com or call 480-563-PUCK (7825).
- ‘Yotes Notes: Raanta likely to return against Wild
- Coyotes hang with NHL’s top team, but fall to Nashville Predators
- Common tragedy forging greater bond between Tocchet, Ekman-Larsson
- Predators are elite: Just ask Coyotes Nik Hjalmarsson, Richard Panik
- Clayton Keller finding ‘second wind’ as Coyotes’ standout rookie