Report: Suns saw Kansas wing Josh Jackson work out in Sacramento
Tick another lottery pick off the Phoenix Suns’ list.
According to John Gambadoro of 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station, the Suns traveled to Sacramento on Wednesday to watch Kansas wing Josh Jackson go through a workout.
That means Phoenix has gotten a look at all of the wings who could potentially be available with the No. 4 pick. The Suns had already attended workouts with small forward Jayson Tatum and Jonathan Isaac over the past week.
There have been no reports of the Suns working out point guards Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball and De’Aaron Fox. Fultz and Ball are projected to be off the board by fourth overall pick.
The 6-foot-8 Jackson, who averaged 16.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and three assists per game as a freshman, on Tuesday went through his second workout in front of the Los Angeles Lakers, who pick second.
There have been rumblings that the Lakers have been split among their executives about whether Jackson or Ball should be their choice at No. 2, reports the Los Angeles Times’ Broderick Turner.
Jackson also on Wednesday met but did not work out in front of the Sacramento Kings, who select fifth in the NBA Draft, reports Ailene Voisin of the Sacramento Bee.
Gambadoro reported Thursday that the Sixers had scheduled a workout with Jackson in the near future.
- UA’s Sean Miller: Deandre Ayton is a ‘once in a lifetime type of player’
- Ryan McDonough: Overwhelming likelihood Suns keep No. 1 pick
- Looking at the 9 teams to go from an NBA Draft Lottery win to the playoffs
- Former Suns coach Jay Triano enjoyed his time in Phoenix ‘immensely’
- Suns fan Jesse Eisenberg meets NBA hero Dan Majerle on Bickley & Marotta