2017 NL West Tracker: Diamondbacks in a three-team race
Little was expected of the Arizona Diamondbacks entering the 2017 season, as they were coming off a 69-win 2016 that saw them fire their manager and general manager while making other changes to the front office and coaching staff.
That’s why they play the games.
The D-backs’ fast start to the campaign has turned into a winning season, and while there is still plenty of baseball left to be played, it is apparent Arizona is going to have a say in what happens with the NL West this season.
It is with that in mind that we have created our 2017 NL West Tracker, which is meant to give you a look at where the D-backs and their closest rivals are within the division, which is one of the best and most competitive in all of baseball.
As of mid-June, neither the San Diego Padres nor San Francisco Giants have shown little signs of being competitive, which has essentially turned it into a three-team race.
|Place||Record||Record||Games Back||Last Game||Up Next|
|1||61-29||—||5-2 W vs. KC||vs. MIA|
|2||53-36||7.5||2-1 L vs. CIN||vs. ATL|
|3||52-39||9.5||10-0 W vs. CHW||vs. NYM|
- Running back Peterson makes instant impact with Cardinals
- Arizona’s Khalil Tate has another big night in win over UCLA
- Attention remains on Arizona basketball as investigation continues
- Goofy, grounded, ‘Game of Thrones’ fan: Pinnacle’s Rattler more than standout QB
- It’s time for the real Arizona Diamondbacks to show up