Arizona Wildcats big man Lauri Markkanen went No. 7 in the NBA Draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves, but he will reportedly be traded to the Chicago Bulls as part of a Jimmy Butler blockbuster.
Chicago sent Butler and the 16th pick to Minnesota for the pick that selected Markkanen along with Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
The 7-foot-1 Markkanen, who is from Finland, averaged 15.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game while shooting 49 percent overall and 42 percent from three-point range as a freshman for Arizona.
- Offensive thought: Lauri Markkanen, Malik Monk could be NBA Draft sleepers for Suns
- The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery is the Phoenix Suns’ most important day in years
- Empire of the Suns NBA Draft positional preview: Power forward
- Arizona’s Chance Comanche to stay in NBA Draft
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier to return to school for junior season