Arizona point guard Kadeem Allen was selected 53rd overall in the 2017 NBA Draft to the Boston Celtics.
Allen averaged 9.8 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists along with 1.6 steals per game as a senior, his second season playing with Arizona after transferring from junior college. He shot 45 percent overall and 43 percent from three-point range.
The 6-foot-3 guard with a 6-foot-9 wingspan solidified his stock despite underwhelming statistics with his potential as a lockdown perimeter defender.
Allen joins forward Lauri Markkanen, the seventh overall pick by the T-Wolves who was traded to Chicago, as the second Wildcat to be drafted on Thursday. Sophomore forward Chance Comanche and freshman point guard Kobi Simmons went undrafted after leaving school early.
- Three Wildcats make ESPN’s list of the top-25 players in college hoops
- Arizona basketball cancels Spain exhibition game after Barcelona attack
- Arizona’s Trier dunks on defender, pulls out the Iverson step-over
- Arizona football to give away Gronk spike bobbleheads vs. NAU
- Arizona football receives two votes in USA Today Coaches Poll