Diamondbacks recall Bracho after optioning Hazelbaker
The Arizona Diamondbacks have been rolling recently, dropping only two out of their last 11 games.
One of those losses occured Friday night, when they fell to the Philadelphia Phillies 6-1 at Chase Field.
Shortly after the game, the D-backs announced that they had optioned outfielder Jeremy Hazelbaker to their Triple-A affiliate team, the Reno Aces. To fill his spot on the roster, the team recalled right-handed pitcher Silvino Bracho from the Aces.
Bracho has appeared in seven games for the big league club this year, throwing 6.1 innings. He has allowed seven runs (six earned) in those innings on six hits and two walks, giving him a 8.53 ERA on the year. He last pitched on June 13 at Detroit, where he got the only batter he faced out.
In the seven games Bracho has pitched in, his team is 6-1.
The Diamondbacks square off against the Phillies again Saturday night, with first pitch at 7:10 p.m.
- Clay Buchholz pitches four-hitter, Diamondbacks beat Padres
- NL West and Wild Card tracker: The D-backs fight for the playoffs
- David Peralta’s power surge continues in five-run first inning for D-backs
- D-backs break ground on Dominican baseball development academy
- Goldschmidt homers, Corbin sharp in D-backs’ win against Rangers