Griner throws one down in Mercury win over Storm
There hadn’t been a whole lot of dunks in WNBA history before Brittney Griner entered the league in 2013.
Since she was drafted by the Phoenix Mercury, that number has almost tripled just based on what’s she has been able to do.
She showcased her physical prowess again on Friday night at the Seattle Storm when she threw one down in the Mercury’s 85-82 victory.
— WNBA (@WNBA) June 24, 2017
It was the ninth regular season dunk of her career and 10th if you include the playoffs.
The rest of the WNBA has had six dunks combined. This means that Griner has three more dunks than every other player combined who has played in the WNBA, a league that is on its 21st season.
- GM Jim Pitman: Mercury in early stages of finding temporary building
- Mercury guard Diana Taurasi makes All-WNBA First Team for 10th time
- Mercury can’t contain Sue Bird late, eliminated from playoffs by Storm
- Mercury set for Game 5 vs. Storm after becoming first to come back from 0-2
- Griner, Mercury fight back from 17-point deficit, force Game 5