Adidas thinks the Wildcats’ football uniforms are ugly
The Arizona Wildcats released a video Tuesday featuring players modeling their new football uniforms.
Nike designed the look, and needless to say, Adidas wasn’t a fan.
But the shoes and clothing company took the game to a whole new level by not just keeping its remarks internal, but instead proclaiming to the public how awful it thinks the Wildcats’ uniforms are.
The emoji, of course, is a person throwing away some trash, essentially saying, “New season. Same trash.”
Arizona State used to partner with Nike before switching to Adidas in July of 2015.
ASU’s student section, referred to as the 942 Crew, instigated the remark, but even they thought Adidas’ reply was pretty bold.
Former and current ASU football players also put their two cents in on the exchange.
Now it’s the wait-and-see game for a Nike response.
- ASU receiver John Humphrey out for year with Achilles injury
- Former ASU lineman Stephen Berg passes away at 34
- Arizona State falls to Texas, eliminated from women’s NCAA Tournament
- ASU outfielder Gage Canning named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Diamondbacks get festive with 2018 holiday uniforms, hats and socks