The Arizona Wildcats released a video Tuesday featuring players modeling their new football uniforms.
Nike designed the look, and needless to say, Adidas wasn’t a fan.
But the shoes and clothing company took the game to a whole new level by not just keeping its remarks internal, but instead proclaiming to the public how awful it thinks the Wildcats’ uniforms are.
The emoji, of course, is a person throwing away some trash, essentially saying, “New season. Same trash.”
Arizona State used to partner with Nike before switching to Adidas in July of 2015.
ASU’s student section, referred to as the 942 Crew, instigated the remark, but even they thought Adidas’ reply was pretty bold.
Former and current ASU football players also put their two cents in on the exchange.
Now it’s the wait-and-see game for a Nike response.
- Sun Devils begin game-planning for New Mexico State
- James Harden breaks out creativity for Drive By Dunk Challenge
- After Josh Rosen’s remarks, Sun Devils admit to student-athlete challenges
- McShay: ASU’s Kalen Ballage is the sixth-best NFL Draft prospect at RB
- ASU’s Crow and Anderson address Graham’s future, stadium renovations