Zack Greinke pitches to C-3PO in All-Star Game
Flipping channels to FOX on Tuesday night might have had you confused whether you were watching the All-Star Game or Star Wars.
Arizona Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke was called on to start the sixth inning and when he went out to pitch, he was pitching to C-3PO.
That’s right, Yadier Molina had the gold catching gear on while securing Greinke’s pitches in Miami.
Of course, some had some fun with the look, even if they didn’t agree the catcher looked like C-3PO.
It turns out C-3PO can do more than catch too, as he was called upon to take a picture of Nelson Cruz and home plate umpire Joe West during the game.
When the game ceases to mean something important, like home field advantage in the World Series, apparently all of the shenanigans come out.
- D-backs infielder Chris Owings cleared for all baseball activity
- ‘J.D. Come Back’: A song parody for J.D. Martinez
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley reflects on NL Wild Card Game, season
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt, Greinke listed among top MLB players in 2018
- Starting pitching once again expected to lead Arizona Diamondbacks