Zack Greinke pitches to C-3PO in All-Star Game
Flipping channels to FOX on Tuesday night might have had you confused whether you were watching the All-Star Game or Star Wars.
Arizona Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke was called on to start the sixth inning and when he went out to pitch, he was pitching to C-3PO.
That’s right, Yadier Molina had the gold catching gear on while securing Greinke’s pitches in Miami.
Of course, some had some fun with the look, even if they didn’t agree the catcher looked like C-3PO.
It turns out C-3PO can do more than catch too, as he was called upon to take a picture of Nelson Cruz and home plate umpire Joe West during the game.
When the game ceases to mean something important, like home field advantage in the World Series, apparently all of the shenanigans come out.
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule