The Arizona Diamondbacks placed reliever Randall Delgado on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation and reinstated fellow right-hander J.J. Hoover on Sunday.
Hoover was on the 10-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and hasn’t pitched since June 22. He owns a 4.18 ERA (11 earned runs in 23.2 innings pitched) with eight holds and two blown saves on the season.
The loss of Delgado could prove painful for Arizona’s depth, both in the bullpen and the rotation.
Sporting a 3.59 ERA with 62.2 innings pitched in 26 appearances, Delgado was a key contributor as a long reliever out of the bullpen but also made five starts in place of starting pitcher Taijuan Walker, who missed a month of play from mid-May through mid-June due to a blister.
- Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals, Ray exits game after being struck on head
- Arizona Diamondbacks SP Robbie Ray hit in head by line drive, leaves game
- D-backs’ Zack Godley remains consistent through season of uncertainty
- Martinez hits grand slam, Godley shuts down Cardinals in D-backs win
- This guy’s good: D-backs’ Martinez hits grand slam vs. Cardinals