D-backs place Delgado on DL with elbow inflammation, reinstate Hoover
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed reliever Randall Delgado on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation and reinstated fellow right-hander J.J. Hoover on Sunday.
Hoover was on the 10-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and hasn’t pitched since June 22. He owns a 4.18 ERA (11 earned runs in 23.2 innings pitched) with eight holds and two blown saves on the season.
The loss of Delgado could prove painful for Arizona’s depth, both in the bullpen and the rotation.
Sporting a 3.59 ERA with 62.2 innings pitched in 26 appearances, Delgado was a key contributor as a long reliever out of the bullpen but also made five starts in place of starting pitcher Taijuan Walker, who missed a month of play from mid-May through mid-June due to a blister.
- Zack Godley celebrates birthday with win, D-backs top San Diego
- Zack Godley dons PF Flyers, joins exclusive club with birthday RBI
- Filling in for Walker, D-backs’ Matt Koch impresses in loss to San Diego
- D-backs honor former GM with ‘Kevin’s Tower’ suite at Chase FIeld
- D-backs OFs Owings, Pollock out of lineup vs. San Diego