Valley teams reach out to Sen. John McCain following cancer diagnosis
Several Arizona sports organizations reached out to Arizona Sen. John McCain Wednesday after it was revealed he was diagnosed with brain cancer.
McCain is known for being a huge sports fan, as shown by the photos shared by some of the Valley’s teams wishing him well.
McCain’s love, in particular, for the Arizona Diamondbacks even made headlines in June when he joked after a hearing for fired FBI Director James Comey that one of his vices might have led to some of the confusion regarding what he asked Comey.
“Maybe going forward I shouldn’t stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games,” the noted D-backs fan said.
A statement from McCain said he “appreciates the outpouring of support he has received over the last few days. He is in good spirits as he continues to recover at home with his family in Arizona.”
- D-backs’ Nick Ahmed, Chris Owings looking forward to return from injury
- For established D-backs, spring training is a different experience
- Arizona Coyotes to host Diamondbacks Night on Feb. 24
- D-backs pay homage to Stoneman Douglas HS in spring opener
- Rockies’ Ian Desmond honors Indian community with custom glove