D-backs Single-A affiliate to give away ‘Wayne’s World’ bobblehead
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Class-A affiliate Kane County Cougars planned to give away 1,500 “Wayne’s World” bobbleheads on Thursday.
The bobbleheads are geographically appropriate, since the Cougars — who play just outside of Chicago — happen to be in the same area as the setting of the movie Wayne’s World, which took place in Aurora, Illinois. The comedy starred Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, two knuckleheads who host a public access television show.
As Myers and Carvey famously say in the movie: “Party on.”
- D-backs’ defense could be considered best in baseball despite injuries
- Arizona’s Allonzo Trier and Rawle Alkins go undrafted, quickly ink deals
- Coyotes to donate 10,000 tickets to youth players, organizations
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona