The Phoenix Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. introduced the world to #AirplaneMode last season and he’s still showing people what the hashtag is all about.
The #DriveByDunkChallenge was taking Twitter by storm over the last week, and Boston Celtics rookie Jaylen Brown held the crown for the best rendition at the time.
While Brown nearly destroys a hoop, he didn’t jump over a human being in the process and that’s where Jones has him beat.
In a video recorded by The Ringer (Warning: explicit language in original video), Jones hops out of his car and sees the perfect opportunity. Two guys are playing on a hoop and one of them is standing right in front of the basket to get the ball and take his turn to shoot.
Jones doesn’t hesitate, taking the angle and flying over the man, who takes a tumble after Jones’ dunk.
For a quick getaway, Jones ditches the ball, knowing his job was done.
- To ESPN’s Elhassan, Suns not making Irving deal was about his contract
- Suns will hold camp in Flagstaff, scrimmage in Prescott Valley
- Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
- For the Suns, the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade provides an ironic twist
- Suns’ Josh Jackson voted top defender by 2017 draft class