Coyotes announce new ECHL affiliation agreement with Fort Wayne Komets
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday they have signed a one-year affiliation agreement with the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets.
“We are excited to partner with the Fort Wayne Komets as our new ECHL affiliate,” said Coyotes president of hockey operations and GM John Chayka in a release. “The Komets are a first class organization with a very passionate fan base. We look forward to a great partnership.”
The Komets play in the ECHL’s Western Conference’s Central Division and are one of 28 teams in the league.
Since its founding in 1952, the Komets have won nine championships in the IHL, UHL, CHL and have made the ECHL playoffs in four of five seasons since joining the league in 2012.
Fort Wayne plays its home games at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Prior to agreeing to an affiliation agreement with the Komets, the Coyotes had an affiliation with the Rapid City Rush.
- ‘Yotes Notes: Reunion week for Coyotes at Gila River Arena
- Coyotes’ Clayton Keller playing with poise, leads NHL rookies in goals
- Craig Cunningham to appear in documentary, have number retired
- Coyotes need more contributions, better poise with leads
- Arizona Coyotes still winless despite big night for Keller, Stepan