NAZ Suns offer public chance to play in the NBA G League
You watch the Phoenix Suns and there’s a few players every season you’re positive you would be able to beat 1-on-1 if only given the chance on the court.
Well the Northern Arizona Suns are giving you that chance.
The Phoenix Suns’ affiliate team, who plays in Prescott Valley, announced Monday two open tryouts for the public show off their skills in front of front office personnel.
The first tryout will be at the Prescott Valley Event Center on Saturday, Sept. 9, while the second one will be in Phoenix on Saturday, Sept. 16, at an undetermined location at this point.
Participants must be 18 years of age. The first tryout will be capped at 60 people.
It’s very possible to make the team by looking at recent history. Four different players who tried out got invites to Northern Arizona’s training camp last year, where three ended up making the team.
Local ties who made the team included Grand Canyon University’s Daniel Alexander and Mesa Community College alum Asaad Woods. The third local tryout to make the team, Josh Gray, posted the first triple-double in NAZ Suns history and played on the Orlando Magic’s Summer League team a month ago.
Each tryout is $150 and will last from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, or to register, click here.
- Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey
- #SarverOut billboard goes up after disgruntled Suns fan’s fundraiser
- Suns Strokes: Daniels’ career-high 32 not enough for Suns to beat Raptors
- Hutchison leads Boise State over Grand Canyon in double overtime
- Numerous donations, show of support highlight Holiday Heroes event