Arizona Cardinals work out punter Brock Miller
The Arizona Cardinals worked out punter Brock Miller on Wednesday, the Southern Utah product tweeted.
Miller was not selected in the 2014 NFL Draft after he averaged 43.4 yards on 79 punts in 2013. He averaged 43.2 yards per punt in 2012 and 40.4 in 2011.
The 5-foot-11, 190 pound punter was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on a futures contract in January and was released in May.
Arizona already has two more experienced punters in camp who have underwhelmed. Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station wrote Wednesday that the Cardinals could considering bringing on free agents if neither Matt Wile nor Richie Leone improve.
Both punters have been inconsistent. In the next four-preseason games, they must show improvement, otherwise the Cardinals could find another punter before the season starts.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Washington prepares to host Cardinals in Week 15
- Jermaine Gresham out Sunday, Gabe Holmes called up from practice squad
- Dealing Cards: Counting on Kerwynn Williams in absence of Peterson
- Cardinals place Adrian Peterson on IR, claim C.J. Goodwin off waivers
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Baker, Bethea are full-speed and ready to go